41 Club New Zealand Rules
Rules of the Association
1. The Organisation shall be called: 41 Club New Zealand
2. (a) To unite in friendship the former members of Round Table.
(b) To maintain that friendship.
(c) To promote that friendship at local, national and international levels.
3. Membership of affiliated Clubs shall be confined to ex members of Round Table, affiliated
with International who have reached the age of 40 years and over.
4. (a) The National Council shall comprise of the following Officers : President, Vice
President, Immediate Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, International Relations
Officer and one International Councillor.
(b) The position of International Relations Officer shall be a two year appointment, i.e.
elected on a bi-annual basis.
(c) The new National Council shall take office immediately following the Annual
General Meeting at which it was appointed.
5. (a) The Annual General Meeting shall be held each
year. It shall be held where determined by the previous Annual General Meeting.
(b) The National Council may meet as and when determined by the President. It's
Meetings shall be informal and it shall report on it's discussions and may make recommendations to the Annual General Meeting.
APPOINTMENT OF OFFICERS:
6. (a) At the Annual General Meeting the Vice President appointed at the previous
Annual General Meeting shall be declared President of 41 Club New Zealand.
(b) The incoming President shall appoint the Secretary/Treasurer of 41 Club New Zealand to serve with him in his year of Office. These
appointments shall be confirmed by the Annual General Meeting at which they are
(c) The position of Vice President shall be filled by election at the Annual General
(d) Any person elected or appointed as an Officer of the Association shall have been a member of Round Table.
7. At the end of his year in Office the National Treasurer shall submit an Annual Statement
of Accounts and Balance Sheet which have been independently audited. Copies of the
audited accounts shall be distributed at the Annual General Meeting.
MODIFICATION OF THE RULES:
8. (a) The rules can only be modified at an Annual General Meeting.
(b) Any proposals to modify the rules must be submitted to the National Secretary
not less than two months before the Annual General Meeting.
(c) The approval of such modifications shall require a two thirds majority of those
financial members present at the Annual General Meeting.
9. All remits must be in the hands of the National Secretary at least 28 days before the
Annual General Meeting.
10. The capitation fees shall be determined by 41 Club New Zealand
at the Annual General Meeting each year.
N.Z. ASSOCIATION TOURS:
11. The position of Tour Leader must have the approval of the Annual General Meeting.
DISSOLUTION: ADDITION TO RULES, SUBJECT TAX EXEMPTION
A: Being a non profit organisation any funds or income received will not be used for the
personal benefit of members.
B: If upon the winding up, or dissolution of the organisation, there remains after the
satisfaction of all debts and liabilities any properties whatsoever, the same shall not be paid
or distributed to members, but shall be given to a similar organisation or a charity.
C: No addition to or alteration or recession of the rules shall be approved if it affects the non
profit aims personal benefit clause, or the winding up clause.
May the hinges of friendship never rust
HOME PAGE |
INTL. RELATIONS |